Sunday, September 21, 2014

Inspiration

We're supposed to pick a single piece of art that inspires us to discuss this week, but I find that a very difficult task. There are so many artists and various styles that inspire me, and the list grows more every day. Here are links to some of my favorite artists around the world:




Since my background is in traditional art, I found that I have a real appreciation for artists of all types, be it digital or hand painted or sculpture. I check Behance weekly for inspiration, and I'm never let down. The diversity of artistic styles today is truly mind blowing. Today on Behance I discovered an artist who goes by Bibo X, and his illustration work is phenomenal. He's found a way to create such beautiful, expressive characters that feel hand crafted, even though they are completely digital. His latest project, Weeta, is an especially gorgeous comic. Seeing work of this caliber always inspires me to work harder on my own projects. Here is a page from the story, and I encourage you to see the entire thing here: Weeta


No comments:

Post a Comment