Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cryptids of North America


I had a fantastic time working on this assignment. So much so in fact, that I took my character illustrations and printed a couple of shirts over at Fallen Arrows. I've often thought about illustrating children's books, and this was a fun opportunity to play around with that idea. The only negative was that when uploading to Issuu.com, a number of the gradients completely screwed up. It's very odd, since in the PDF they appear completely fine. I also had a journal of sorts at the back of the book, a few pages for kids to take their own notes. Since that would've looked awkward online, I removed them from the book. So the online version is pretty basic and not nearly what I envisioned. I think I would actually need to reformat the entire book to get it to work like I would want:

http://issuu.com/kwelch5/docs/cryptids_book_single_pages

No comments:

Post a Comment