Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Third First Day of College.



(Reposted from 8/27/2013)

After years of delay, today I can proudly say that I am a college student once more! And this time, I plan to graduate with no less than a Bachelor’s Degree. I am dedicated, motivated, and excited for all of the experiences headed my way.  I will be keeping this blog as a chronicle of sorts. Going back to college at 33 is a bit different from the first time around, and I think it will bring about some unique challenges for me. Being the oldest student in class today was a bit humbling! That being said, despite my age I know I still have a lot to learn, and I intend to take this very seriously.

Today went exceptionally well. I met my professors and blindly stumbled around campus, getting myself turned around on more than one occasion. The syllabuses for both classes sound pretty darn great, and I learned where some important things are, so I’d say today was a definitely a winner. Ty even came by to take me out to Mellow Mushroom and Sam Flax, which made the day even more epic! I also stopped to take a few random photos around campus before I headed home. As a part of my graphic design course, I will be documenting things that I find appealing to me from a design standpoint. Midtown has so many interesting signs and architectural features that I’m sure there’ll be no lack of inspiration.

My classes look like they will be fun, challenging courses, and I’ll be posting my progress here on a regular basis. Be sure to check back for inspirational photos that I’ll be taking around town, as well as works-in-progress! And a big shout-out to all of my family and friends who have been so great through this process. Thank you all for your love, support, and encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment