Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mailer Progress


Here is my little prototype pop-up cat for the mailer! He will be hidden inside, flattened out, and when the mailer is opened he will pop into shape. Sadly this cardstock leaves white edges when I score and fold it. I'll have to try printing on some other papers to see if I can get around that problem. Otherwise I guess I can delicately color the white in after making it. Ugh.


In other news, I just signed up for an online course in digitally painting pinup girls. I've always loved pinups, and I know I can apply the painting techniques I'll be learning toward other types of art as well. I'd love to see some of you guys in the class, too! It should be a fun summer course, and I'm really excited about it. If you're interested in signing up, here's the link to the site: http://workshops.cgsociety.org/courseinfo.php?id=492

2 comments:

  1. Katie just get a blue color pencil and rub down the edges with it. That's a trick a lot of people use, I'm gonna do the same when I re-make my packaging project for portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jason! I was thinking a Sharpie, but I was worried it would be too dark. I hadn't considered a colored pencil.

    ReplyDelete